This lemonade brings the lemon to life. It extracts flavors from each part of the lemon and balances them perfectly in your glass. The juice brings acidity, the honey and sugar bring sweetness, and the Lemon essential oil brings an intense lemon flavor. Add some Limoncello, and you have a perfect summer cocktail.
- 2 1/2 cups lemon juice (must be fresh squeezed!), about 24 lemons
- 1/2 cup honey, orange blossom honey is fantastic
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 drops Lemon essential oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups water and more as needed, sparkling works well too
- (optional) 1.5 ounce jigger of Limoncello per 8 oz. glass.
Combine the sugar, honey, and 2 cups water in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring the mix to a boil and cook another 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. The sugar should dissolve, and the mix should thicken slightly. Remove from heat, stir in the vanilla extract, and allow to cool. Once the mixture has cooled, stir in the Lemon essential oil.
Add the fresh lemon juice to a gallon jug or pitcher. Pour the sugar mixture in slowly while stirring. Top off the pitcher with regular or sparkling water. Serve your Essential Lemonade over ice and garnish with a lemon wedge or twist. If you’re making the cocktail version, pour the Limoncello (very cold) over the ice before adding the Lemonade. Enjoy.